Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of HVAC advice

Help, I have a 4 ton Rheem residential heat pump that's giving me a good run for my money. The heat mode of the heat pump works fine., but the cooling does not work well at all. In the cooling mode, The compressor will run for about five minutes and then shut off. The compressor contactor was still engaged which told me the compressor thermal protector was turning the unit off.The pressures while in heat mode is 250/50 but in the cooling mode the pressures read 170/10.
    I immediately went to the reversing valve thinking that perhaps it was stuck. I measured 25 V AC on the reversing bell when in the heat mode and 0 VAC in the cooling mode. I measured resistance and it seemed okay. I could lift one wires off the reversing valve and I could hear a click I pulled the wire off the reversing valve while in the heat mode. The pressures immediately went to the readings of 170/10 similar to the pressure readings while in the cooling mode. I quickly reconnected the wire to the reversing valve I could hear the valve click, the gas transferring and the pressures returned to 250/50. This told me that the reversing valve was moving.
    Does anyone out there have any troubleshooting ideas? Can I eliminate the idea of a clogged condenser or evaporator since it works okay in heat mode? Thank you guys appreciate any help you can give.

Hi,
    I take all my heating and cooling queries to Ductworks.net. They guide you through your installation before, during and beyond your completed project. They also help understand what each part is for, where it goes and what its purpose is. They have over 50,000 HVAC parts available with them that includes Furnaces, AC, Heat pumps, insulated fiber ductwork, custom/standard ductwork and replacement parts for most models.

Comment

Originally posted by tombaker View Post
      Hi,
      I take all my heating and cooling queries to Ductworks.net. They guide you through your installation before, during and beyond your completed project. They also help understand what each part is for, where it goes and what its purpose is. They have over 50,000 HVAC parts available with them that includes Furnaces, AC, Heat pumps, insulated fiber ductwork, custom/standard ductwork and replacement parts for most models.
      All their stuff seems over priced as well..
      Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Working...
      X
      =