Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Stage Thermostat Needed?

A few years ago I had a new furnace installed. The Honeywell digital thermostat that I have is 14-15 years old. I was told that it might be beneficial to pick up a newer, two-stage thermostat. However, as it is now, the furnace runs for awhile, then if needed, I can hear it kick in high. So my question is.... Do I need a two-stage thermostat? (From my layman viewpoint, it seems that the furnace is already doing what a two-stage thermostat would make it do.)
    Thanks for your insight.

all this boils down to is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" at the time the furnace was installed, it was then state of the art with a thermostat matched to the furnace. I suppose you could go adding things but the bottom line is the furnace can only put out what it was designed to do. when you have a major breakdown, THEN start looking to replace it. I know its like putting the horse before the cart, but like I said before "its working." go to the store and buy a telephone. bring it home plug it in. its a new phone to you. two weeks down the line, the phone is obsolete. do you buy another one? the phone is still working, why should you?

Comment

The furnace is only 3 years old, it's the thermostat that is old. I can't imagine a breakdown any time soon. Regardless, if I understand you correctly, it sounds like you don't think it's worth changimg?
      Thanks again.

Comment

Nawwww..... I don't think it matters, but then you'll find all sorts of people with other opinions. I had a monitor heater when I moved into this house I'm in. The heater was here when I got here and least I can recall it was here for 12 years plus. I ended up changing it last year so, my heater worked until last year so we're taling 22 years plus. I think that's enough time.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =