Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new york help

I have a new, York yze024 heatpump.
    It worked ok through the summer but now when heat is needed, the heatpump constantly shuts down giving a high pressure switch lockout error wessage.
    this has not happened in ac mode, only heat mode.
    I have cleaned the coils, I have inspected the lines for kinks.
    To clear the error code I must reset the thermostat, wait 5 minutes to see if the pump will start.
    If the pump does start it won't run very long (10 min. ),and the fan does not turn off. The fan will run untill the house is cold enough to call for aux. heat which does nothing but increase fan speed freezing us out a little faster.
    I suspect the totaline thermostat is not compatible or perhaps wired incorrectly.
    Any insight, opinions or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, Chase341

one thing is maybe your revising value is not opening enough so it builds up hi pressure in the coil. Might have to have a tech check it out. I know they have a lot of problems with these values. paul

Comment

Paul - first of all watch your spelling.
      I think you are trying to say REVERSING VALVE. the reversing valve is in the freon line between the compressor and the evaporator coil. when you are calling for coolness the valve is in the proper position to channel high pressure gas to the evaporator through an orifice or a thermal expansion valve to a manifold on the evaporator where there is a pressure drop and which promotes a cooling effect. in the heat pump function, the reversing valve switches the position of the freon to where you are giving off heat in the evaporator and receiving warm air through environmental air or a ground loop buried in the ground below frost level for your local.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =