Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding humidity

Have a two story house. Four zone hot water base board. Two zones up/two zones down. Other than using the local humidifiers that you have to constantly refill, is there an automatic humidifier for this type heating system?: a 'whole house' type? Any suggestions on how we can 'manufacture' (invent/cobble/fabricate) somthing that would be automatic?[?]

mrcaptainbob,

The whole home system would require you to have a forced air system. If you had duct work throughout your home for heating or cooling you can simily add a humidifier to the output side of the fan and it works very well, requires routine maintance of cleaning tray and/or treating any standing water with a chemical to inhibit mold growth. With the baseboard heaters I think your only option is a couple of free standing humidifiers... or a serious HVAC system upgrade.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Rats, Jim. That wasn't what I was lookin' for! Sure miss the system we had in our last house. Although forced air, the humidifier was totally automatic and took into account the humidity needs. Oh well. I'm going to noodle this a bit and see if there's a better way. I was thinking of some kind of humidifier pans (verrrrrry long and verrry narrow) that would fit atop of the floor heaters. Could set just above the fins. Will have to do some serious thinkin' on this.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =