Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Burner in Furnace Not Working

Hi! My main burner in my furnace keeps turning on and off while the heater is running. The thermocouple is fine and the pilot light is not the problem. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks so much!

your burner is doing what is called short cycling. it usually because the heat anticipator in your thermostat hasn't been properly set. on your main burner is a valve with a current rating in milliamperes. .2 .4 or something like that. your thermostat has corresponding numbers on it. there is a slider or a lever to move to a corresponding Ma number. find the number on the valve and adjust the slider on the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica Taylor View Post
      Hi! My main burner in my furnace keeps turning on and off while the heater is running. The thermocouple is fine and the pilot light is not the problem. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks so much!
      Try turning your thermostat all the way up and see if your burner stays on, if it
      does than it could be as you were told by the last post. the rating you are looking for on the electric gas valve will be in amperage, not milliamp,
      usually amps. later paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =