Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater AC combination for Garage

I am looking to heat and cool my new detached garage. Have been looking at the motel type units that go thru the wall. Would like to hear from anyone on what they think would be a better unit or are the motel type ok.

Thanks
    JRH

How big is the garage and how well insulated is it ? for example the R value in the insulation etc...
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Size of Garage

Garage is 24x28 bricked and finished inside. Insulation is R13 walls and R30 ceiling. Has 2 overhead insulated doors, 1 walkin door, 2-30x30 insulated Anderson windows on east side. Concrete floor.
      JRH

Comment

I think your most cost effective way would be a motel style unit, the smallest heat pump is going to be 1 1/2 ton and that would be overkill to say the least.
        Motel style units are used in many other countries where homes are not built with heating and cooling in mind (duct work etc...) like Australia, Japan, China and most places in Europe with great success. Especially with your garage being about the same size as a small apartment in Europe or Japan, they are also fairly cost effective to run.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =