Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier HVAC gas furnace

The furnace will not heat. Looking at the board it is geeting volts from thermostat....The fan runs in manual but doersn't heat. The ignitor does not click when heat is selected so furnace does not light off.

Originally posted by dmrobertson View Post
    The furnace will not heat. Looking at the board it is geeting volts from thermostat....The fan runs in manual but doersn't heat. The igniter does not click when heat is selected so furnace does not light off.
    The first thing that should happen on a call for heat is the inducer fan motor
    should start, then that makes the pressure switches and after about 30 to 60 seconds the igniter should come on to lite the furnace. If you don't have a
    inducer and your igniter is not coming on ,then you either have a problem in the board, the igniter, or the igniter wire. You also have to check to make sure you don't have a open limit switch, or pressure switch. Later Paul

Comment

The inductor fan does not come on. So is the first part I need to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by dmrobertson View Post
        The inductor fan does not come on. So is the first part I need to replace?
        First thing you need to do is check voltage at the board. Do you have 110 volts?
        Check to see if you have 24 volts on the R post. If you do jump between the R and W post and see if your inducer starts, if not do you have 110 volts going to the inducer, If no 110 volts going to inducer then its your board that is bad.
        if there is 110 volts going to inducer and it does not start then its the inducer that is bad. After you put a jumper wire between the R and W if nothing happens you still have to check other switches that could be open like limit switch, any over heat switches, or a pressure switch that is not in the closed
        position. Check for any little red push button switches on the inducer or collector box. I can't tell you what all switches you have with out seeing you wiring diagram. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =