Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heil Condenser Corrosion

I live in the midwest and had a Heil AC unit put in about 7 years ago. I have always kept it weed free and clean. However it has pretty bad galvanic corrosion and will have to be replaced in a few years. Has anybody had any similar experiences?

FWIW I have a lennox unit that is 25+ years old without a spot of corrosion.

-Dave

look into an industrial supplier for lps or lpz products. they have a spray on galvanizing paint that inhibits corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wave View Post
      I live in the midwest and had a Heil AC unit put in about 7 years ago. I have always kept it weed free and clean. However it has pretty bad galvanic corrosion and will have to be replaced in a few years. Has anybody had any similar experiences?

FWIW I have a lennox unit that is 25+ years old without a spot of corrosion.

-Dave
      Sounds like you just don't have a good paint job on it. In the
      winter months you are not putting a cover that goes all the way to the ground
      are you? If this happens and the sun hits it, it will draw moisture out of the ground and that can rust thing a lot faster. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =