Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - Small Upper Blower wont shut off

I have an Amana DMS81405DHA Heater/AC split unit that has the following circuit board: White-Rodgers 4586-b - The secondary fan (the little fan above the burners that continues to blow after heat shuts off so remaining heat dissipates) will not shut off and the DS1 light is lite up on the board. I have check thermostats and wiring down to the board. Any ideas what it could be and how to fix it?

Originally posted by drmustang68 View Post
    I have an Amana DMS81405DHA Heater/AC split unit that has the following circuit board: White-Rodgers 4586-b - The secondary fan (the little fan above the burners that continues to blow after heat shuts off so remaining heat dissipates) will not shut off and the DS1 light is lite up on the board. I have check thermostats and wiring down to the board. Any ideas what it could be and how to fix it?
    Does the unit fire back up while this fan is running. It sounds like the post purge
    relay on your board has the points stuck together. Is so you will have to replace the board. later paul

Comment

Amana Draft Inducer Running COnstantly

Thank you very much for your response.
      How can I identify the post purge relay on the board?
      Jay

Comment

Thank you very much for your response.
        How can I identify the post purge relay on the board?
        Jay
        It is probably a printed board so you would not know how to find the relay,
        and it is not a replaceable part so you would have to replace the board itself.
        later paul

Comment

Do you know of a good parts seller?

Comment

BTW: I was just continuing my diagnostics and found that the heat would not come on and when heat was ordered, the board DSL blink code said the pressure switch was stuck closed - Even though the switch seems functional (I can hear it opening and closing freely) - I bypassed the switch, the heat came on as it should, but the Draft Inducer motor is still continuously running so I think you are correct about the post purge relay being bad on the board. Thoughts?

Comment

BTW: I was just continuing my diagnostics and found that the heat would not come on and when heat was ordered, the board DSL blink code said the pressure switch was stuck closed - Even though the switch seems functional (I can hear it opening and closing freely) - I bypassed the switch, the heat came on as it should, but the Draft Inducer motor is still continuously running so I think you are correct about the post purge relay being bad on the board. Thoughts?
              The inducer blower has to turn off and that will open the pressure switch so you can start a heat cycle. because your inducer is not turning off, the unit will not fire up. later paul

Comment

Working...
              X
              =