Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioner

My air conditioner is in the attic and there is a white plastic pipe that runs down which water drips out of. I caught the pipe on the handle of the lawn mower today and snapped it off. It is the last segment that is broken- right after a joint. I know it has to be replaced because the foundation is all wet- so I know it is leaking behind the siding.
    I am mid-twenties, female, and live alone. My family is 700+ miles away. I always like to have a ballpark idea of the costs of things because I do not want to be taken advantage of.

From what I can see- the siding needs to be pulled back and the last portion of the pipe needs replaced- it is maybe 8 inches. Again, it broke just below a joint.

So, can someone give me a very ballpark figure? $100? $200?

TIA

Originally posted by jmc83326 View Post
    My air conditioner is in the attic and there is a white plastic pipe that runs down which water drips out of. I caught the pipe on the handle of the lawn mower today and snapped it off. It is the last segment that is broken- right after a joint. I know it has to be replaced because the foundation is all wet- so I know it is leaking behind the siding.
    I am mid-twenties, female, and live alone. My family is 700+ miles away. I always like to have a ballpark idea of the costs of things because I do not want to be taken advantage of.

From what I can see- the siding needs to be pulled back and the last portion of the pipe needs replaced- it is maybe 8 inches. Again, it broke just below a joint.

So, can someone give me a very ballpark figure? $100? $200?

TIA
    Charges can be up and down a lot. I think my service man would charge you a 1 hr $70.00 call and he should be able to fix it in that time. Maybe 20.00 in material, and if it goes into the second hr. another $25.00. later paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =