Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C will not start

My fan motor stop running so I replaced the fan motor and run start capacitor. The old fan motor has three wires and the new motor has four.
    The guy told me to hook the two brown wires to the capacitor one on each side, and hook the black wire from the new fan motor to the contactor T1 and the white wire from the fan motor hooks to the capacitor side that has the brown and white strip. From the capacitor, the side with the brown wire with the white strip and the white wire from the fan motor to T2.
    There is a yellow wire coming from T1 to the capacitor connecting the brown wire side of the capacitor.
    The yellow wire from the compressor hooks to the capacitor side with the brown and white strip wire and the other red wire from the compressor hooks to the other side of the capacitor with the solid brown wire.
    The motor still will not come on. It only hums, I can turn the fan and it will start turning but very slow and then the fuse blows shortly.
    I know the two brown wires and the black wire to T1 are right, but is the white wire correct???? Or where does it go???HELP
    Last edited by Knepper55; 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM.

is this motor a one or two or three speed motor? also what voltage 120 or 240?

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      is this motor a one or two or three speed motor? also what voltage 120 or 240?

One speed, 240 volts

Comment

Working...
      X
      =