Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need new 4 ton heat pump--Ruud or Carrier, or Maytag?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new 4 ton heat pump--Ruud or Carrier, or Maytag?

I need a new heat pump system. Looking at the Carrier 25HPA648 2 speed compressor/FV4CNB006 VS air handler--16 seer Performance units. Anyone have one installed recently and what did it cost pre rebates and what were the rebate amounts?
    Also looking at Train and Ruud --any thoughts?

Sizing an A/C unit

What are you going by for that size of the unit? We just went from a 4 ton unit in our home to a 2 ton unit. It is doing the job nicely.

Over sizing your system can cost more on the electric bill.

We put in a Rheem.

Comment

Actually, I decided on a 4 ton Rheem heat pump--I decided on the 4 ton unit because that is what the power company and all the contractors say I need.

Comment

Oversizing a heat pump isn't just an electrical cost issue in fact that's the least of someones worries. An over-sized unit will no doubt cool and heat a smaller space very quickly problem is it doesn't remove excess moisture from the air before it turns off, many times leaving people with moisture problems in their homes.
        You need to remember that there is no rule of thumb, a system should be load calculated for your specific dwelling, an over the phone guestimate is just that a "guess" a good contractor will come out measure all appropriate rooms, with doors, windows all taken into account before sizing the unit.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =