Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed Response Valve Question

I have an older "Unit heater" hanging furnace that the aluminum line is not connected to the "ESC" fitting on the Delayed Response Valve. My quess is that someone had removed the line from the valve and cut off the end including the mating portion of the fitting. My question is do I just need a flare or a compression fitting to attach the line? I see the business end sits near the thermocouple and pilot. I have attached a photo of the valve and line.

Any help would be great and thanks -Diamond3

Originally posted by Diamond3 View Post
    I have an older "Unit heater" hanging furnace that the aluminum line is not connected to the "ESC" fitting on the Delayed Response Valve. My quess is that someone had removed the line from the valve and cut off the end including the mating portion of the fitting. My question is do I just need a flare or a compression fitting to attach the line? I see the business end sits near the thermocouple and pilot. I have attached a photo of the valve and line.

Any help would be great and thanks -Diamond3
    you need a 1/4 " nut and faro. It is a compression fitting. Before you hook it
    back up, try blowing through it to make sure it is not plugged. That line is a bleeder line. Each time the valve operates a little gas is bleed out into the pilot
    flame. I am guessing that they took it off because it was plugged, and if it is plugged the valve will not open. Later Paul

Comment

Working...
    X
    =