Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a good replacement thermostat for gas furnace

I have an old Coleman gas furnace, the kind under the floor with a floor vent. It says its model 2004C and has 70,000 btu in, 40,000 btu out. the old thermostat bit the dust. I have found a couple of mechanical heat only models. Should I be looking for a 24 volt or millivolt thermostat? How do I know what amp to look for in a thermostat? thanks a million.

find the number on the old stat and look for a replacement online at hvac suppliers. they can also cross reference it to a newer yet usable device. I can't find any Coleman 2004C machine.

Comment

reply on coleman gas furnace thermostat

I can't either. If it helps the serial # is 7651873. It could be 2004G i can't tell. but it's the old kind in the floor, it's got a small glass window on the top of it that lights up when it comes on. anyhow, i'm figuring a 24 volt, 2 wire mechanical stat will work, but i just don't understand the amp limits. i think the one i found was a 1.3 amp limit if i remember right. any words of advice on that info??
      thanks a bunch.

Comment

an old round honeywell might work. does the furnace have a standing pilot or does it use a hot surface igniter? a standing pilot is always on. the gas valve has a pilot and a main position.

Comment

reply back on coleman stat

i don't know, is it easy to see if you lift up the floor grate?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =