Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant 90 Plus 398AAW036080D Cycling issue

Hello,

Fired up the furnace today after changing the filters and the following happens:

The first blower comes on and the furnace lights fine.
    The main blower comes on and we have heat.
    After 3-5 minutes, it starts over like it just came on with igniting the gas again, but the main blower continues to run.

It seems to cycle like that as long as it takes to bring the house up to the desired temperature.

Is it a temperature limit issue? Is there anything I can do as far as cleaning checking anything out before I spend $$ on a service call?

Thanks in advance.

Randy.

Originally posted by rtw68 View Post
    Hello,

Fired up the furnace today after changing the filters and the following happens:

The first blower comes on and the furnace lights fine.
    The main blower comes on and we have heat.
    After 3-5 minutes, it starts over like it just came on with igniting the gas again, but the main blower continues to run.

It seems to cycle like that as long as it takes to bring the house up to the desired temperature.

Is it a temperature limit issue? Is there anything I can do as far as cleaning checking anything out before I spend $$ on a service call?

Thanks in advance.

Randy.
    Does it do this if you turn the stat way up? You have not changed and put a new stat on have you?
    Some electronic boards can do things like you are saying. Turn stat down, turn power off wait 10 min., turn power on, then turn stat way up and see
    what it does. later paul

Comment

the heater functioned normally last year. nothing's changed, same theromostat, same limits, why should this year be any different unless something drastic has happened. the thermostat is a switch. try jumping it out and see what happens. limit switches are switches, jump them out one at a time and see what happens.
      a thermopile is a voltage generator - it produces a voltage when heat is applied. it is connected to the pilot valve. suffiecient voltage the pilot stays lit!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =