Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant Furnace Kicking Off Intermittently

I have a bryant model 398aaz060120 furnace. Everything is working fine. Gas valve is good (receives 24v). Ignitor is fine (pilot lights up). Inducer motor is fine. Gas flows and ignites. Main blower kicks in just fine and the whole system powers up without any issues. I can see the gas combustion chamber lighted up and gar burning and hot air in the vents. However, while the system is up, i hear intermittent clicks in the gas valve and whenever that happens there's loss of 24v to the gas valve and the main flame shuts off, pilot is still on though and the blower motor keeps running. Then within a few seconds, it clicks again and burners light up again. This happens every now and then at random intervals of every 10-15 seconds. The house is getting heated up and upon reaching the desired temp, the furnace automatically shuts off. Even the ignitor lockout control box LH33WZ513A seems to be working fine. Is this intermittent on-off of the gas normal ? I don't remember hearing such clicks earlier, but then I have never been near the furnace for so long. It was just today that I heard these clicks. One thing is strange that I could not locate the flame sensor anywhere on this furnace. I even opened up the gas chamber but could not see the flame sensor. I can see the ignitor and pilot assembly with the high voltage wire coming from ignitor lockout control, but no flame sensor. Any idea if the above behavior is normal AND/OR where can i look for flame sensor? Do you think replacing the 3-wire ignitor switch assembly will do the job ? BTW.. The pilot lights up fine, no issues. The burners light up fine, no issues. Don't know why this intermittent clicking and shutting off of the main gas supply.

Here's the link for the video that can elucidate on the situation https://youtu.be/bHdstCRM97M . Try listening to the clicking sound and how the gas turns on and off intermittently. Similar case as posted earlier on this forum at https://homerepairforum.com/forum/in...0-flame-sensor
    Last edited by sudhs; 10-31-2021, 09:00 AM.
Working...
X
=