Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Combustion Air

I just had a Rheem Elite system installed. I kept hearing water and waves in the morning and knew the PVC lines were holding water. I have about 12-18 inches of 2 inch pipe on each end but most of the run is 3" for about 12 horizontal feet. They were not pitched toward the furnace for drainage at all. I called them back and they lowered the inside exhaust line about 4 inches (dumping 2 gallons) but not the intake line. When I asked why not both lines the technician claimed no need? Is this true?
    Also I live in SE Pennsylvania and it is not unheard of to have 2-3 feet of snow, even more against my house on the deck. I am nervous if I leave for a couple days and snow builds up over the lines it will shut down freezing pipes and my pet. The technician claimed I can not raise the outdoor lines more or it will add too much resistance? The outside portion is not glued to allow me to adjust it but he just barely fit 2" pipe through the wall. Need I be concerned about this? See Photo attached . What is proper? Thanks

Originally posted by claudius2k View Post
    I just had a Rheem Elite system installed. I kept hearing water and waves in the morning and knew the PVC lines were holding water. I have about 12-18 inches of 2 inch pipe on each end but most of the run is 3" for about 12 horizontal feet. They were not pitched toward the furnace for drainage at all. I called them back and they lowered the inside exhaust line about 4 inches (dumping 2 gallons) but not the intake line. When I asked why not both lines the technician claimed no need? Is this true?
    Also I live in SE Pennsylvania and it is not unheard of to have 2-3 feet of snow, even more against my house on the deck. I am nervous if I leave for a couple days and snow builds up over the lines it will shut down freezing pipes and my pet. The technician claimed I can not raise the outdoor lines more or it will add too much resistance? The outside portion is not glued to allow me to adjust it but he just barely fit 2" pipe through the wall. Need I be concerned about this? See Photo attached . What is proper? Thanks
    If it is a new unit then it came with instillation booklet. You can look in there and find all the specs on the stacking. Each ell restricts on how many feet you can run the pipe. If it is suppose to have 3" pipe then they cant reduce it to two in. at the end. Did they get a permit, and has the inspector looked at it? The code says when side wall venting make sure it is above the snow level, so whats the snow level???? You are suppose to pitch both stacks but a don't think the intake will be a problem. Later Paul

Comment

both pvc flues need to be pitched back to the furnace with a fall of at least 1/4 inch per foot
      It is what it is.......

Comment

My lines exit the home horizontally too -- But mine are 10 feet off the ground. Mine works fine. Do you live at high altitude? How far above sea level are you?

The install manual for the furnace specifies the maximum run length of the pipe. My max is 200 ft for 3 inch pipe. My pipe is way shorter than that. How long is the run and how many bends in the pipe?
        Last edited by Patriotic; 12-11-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =