Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPERTS PLEASE HELP! Trane unit won't stop blowing

I have a trane thermostat TCONT401AN21MAA and the fan/blower won't stop. Since it got cold I thought the heat was running but started to notice that even when the unit was set to off it's still blowing.

-Unit set to off results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees over results in blower blowing
    -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees UNDER room temp, blower blows but unit outside doens't come on.

If I remove it from the wall it obviously stops. I inspected all wires which are secure, all pins look in place. I don't think i did anything to it. All I can remember is possibly when I painted I removed the front panel to paint and put it back, but i'm not sure if the problem existed before that.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!!

the thermostat regulates the house temperature allowing the burner to burn for so many minutes. the plenum blower switch is what operates the blower. the plenum switch has to be adjusted higher than the thermostat fan switch - which basically tells the fan when to come on or shut off. any thermostat has a heat anticipator which is adjusted to the main gas valve milliamp settiing

Comment

Originally posted by vxooxv View Post
      I have a trane thermostat TCONT401AN21MAA and the fan/blower won't stop. Since it got cold I thought the heat was running but started to notice that even when the unit was set to off it's still blowing.

-Unit set to off results in blower blowing
      -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees over results in blower blowing
      -Unit set to heat + Room temp 3+ degrees UNDER room temp, blower blows but unit outside doens't come on.

If I remove it from the wall it obviously stops. I inspected all wires which are secure, all pins look in place. I don't think i did anything to it. All I can remember is possibly when I painted I removed the front panel to paint and put it back, but i'm not sure if the problem existed before that.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!!
      I would guess that you don't have a plenum blower switch since they have not used them on most furnaces for the last 20 years. Take that stat off again
      and make sure that the red and green wires are not touching each other.
      Take the green wire off at the furnace and see if the blower stays off.
      If it does than the problem in in the stat or wiring going to the stat

Comment

If I remove the cover it stops blowing.

If I remove the green wire and put the cover back on it still doesn't blow.

If I put the green wire and the cover back on, it continues to blow.

Question: If the green wire is connected along with the cover while it's blowing. If I turn the setting to HEAT and the desire temp to something way up there like 80, shouldn't the outside unit come on? It's not..

Wires from Left to Right are as follows:
        Red, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue

All are secure and nothing is touching.

So i'm wondering i'm getting continuous blowing and the heat pump (unit outside) isn't coming on. I have not tried Emergency Heat. Everything is electric, no gas.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Comment

If I remove the cover it stops blowing.

If I remove the green wire and put the cover back on it still doesn't blow.

If I put the green wire and the cover back on, it continues to blow.

Question: If the green wire is connected along with the cover while it's blowing. If I turn the setting to HEAT and the desire temp to something way up there like 80, shouldn't the outside unit come on? It's not..

Wires from Left to Right are as follows:
          Red, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Blue

All are secure and nothing is touching.

So i'm wondering i'm getting continuous blowing and the heat pump (unit outside) isn't coming on. I have not tried Emergency Heat. Everything is electric, no gas.

Thanks for all the help so far!
          Sounds like you have a problem in your stat. Might have to have a tech. look at it

Comment

wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to just replace the thermostat?

Comment

wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to just replace the thermostat?
              I sure it would be cheaper to change it. The only reason i said to have a tech.
              check it out is i do not get into heat pumps and i just wanted you to be sure.
              But it does sound like thats your problem. Later Paul.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =