Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler reset everyday

We have a oil heat boiler and it seems to have constant problems. We had it cleaned and replace the Aquastat and thermostat but it seems like at least once every day or two we need to hit the reset button to have it run for a day or two at most it seems. Any idea what the problem could be? We are having someone come out again monday to look at it, last time it worked fine and he just left and said to call back if something happens. I dont want this to happen again any help would be great, thanks.

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
    We have a oil heat boiler and it seems to have constant problems. We had it cleaned and replace the Aquastat and thermostat but it seems like at least once every day or two we need to hit the reset button to have it run for a day or two at most it seems. Any idea what the problem could be? We are having someone come out again monday to look at it, last time it worked fine and he just left and said to call back if something happens. I dont want this to happen again any help would be great, thanks.
    The aqua stat and thermostat just make t and t to start the burner. What proves the fire, cad cell, photo cell? when you reset the control does it fire smooth or hard? When the burner goes to fire it starts a safety heater switch
    which will heat up and trip the burner off on safety unless the cad cell or
    photo cell proves and turns off the heater safety switch. So if burner trips off on safety you would have to reset it. Make sure cad cell or photo cell are real
    clean so they can see the fire. Sounds like you problem is ether in the cad cell,
    photo cell, or the primary control on the burner.
    When you hinge the transformer open on the burner you will see the cell, it about 5/8 round If its a cad cell change it, if its a photo cell clean it. Now that cell has to look at the flame through a small in the in the plate just ahead of the cell. Make sure that hole is clean. If all this checks out then you might have to change the burner primary safety control. Let me know how you make out. Paul

Comment

Thanks, what do you mean by firing smooth or hard. When i hit it it starts its loud rumble like it usually does when it starts heating the house. Nothing different, We are having a guy come out monday, anything i should suggest to him? this is the 4th time they have come out.

Comment

Sounds like the Cad cell isn't detecting the flame and sends the protecto-relay into lockout. this is a black tubular item with two yellow wires connected to the protecto relay.

Comment

Best thing for you to do, is when it is not firing, do not hit reset, and call pro out then so they can have a better idea of what is causing the problem, hard to find a problem when all is working correctly while they are there. IF its the cad or photo cell they can check the resistance between the wires while shining a light into the cell, this will test the cell.
          It is what it is.......

Comment

yeah thats what looks like it going one now. Seems like if it we use it and then it doesnt run for a few hours it wont turn back on without hitting reset

Comment

Originally posted by joshhudm View Post
              yeah thats what looks like it going one now. Seems like if it we use it and then it doesnt run for a few hours it wont turn back on without hitting reset
              When you have not used it for a while, it must have tried to fire and that when it went out on safety. Like i said before check out the things a mentioned in my last post. later Paul

Comment

Working...
              X
              =