Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaargh New Member Confused by Thermostat

Aaargh New Member Confused by Thermostat

I just got a new high efficiency furnace and am confused. I also have a 2002 heat pump that worked fine until the new furnace was installed.

Basically I do not understand what the "Aux" light on the thermostat means AND how to tell if the main burner is on on my new furnace.

The fan ran on high al day today (the switch on the thermostat is in the “Auto” position) and the house never got up to the temp called for on the thermostat.

So:
    1) What does “Aux” mean on my White Rodgers thermostat model#1F82-51. I can’t find an answer in my users guide for the thermostat.

2) Is there a way to tell if the main burner is lit? On my original furnace I just had to look in and I could see both the pilot light (if just that was on) or all the big flames if the main burner was lit. This high efficiency Trane model#TUH2B080 has a viewing window that shows only 2 blinking LEDs (one red, one green). If I remove the door so I can see the viewing window for the main burner, the furnace shuts down and “locks out” for some time period of time unless I replace the door and recycle the breaker/power. I suppose I could learn what the burner being on SOUNDS like but I need a way to do that.

3) Could someone please explain to me when the fan motor runs on high vs. low speed?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for any and all help and humor.
    Last edited by Patriotic; 12-11-2010, 12:42 AM. Reason: Clarity
Working...
X
=