Oil Furnace reset button issues...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bdownbear
    New Member

    • Dec 2010
    • 1

    #1

    Oil Furnace reset button issues...

    Hello,

    I currently have a Thermo Pride oil furnace. The reset button keeps on popping off. So here are the parts I have replaced first.... the motor, cad cell eye, cad cell, filter. After that, it worked for a week or two. Later, the reset button popped off again. I then replaced the oil pump gasket. After one night of relief, the reset button popped again. So I decided to replace the oil pump. It worked!! Not so fast, the reset popped again in 2 days. I'm at a point of frustration need some advice here. So please help!!

    Thanks!!!
  • paul52446m
    Journeyman

    • Nov 2009
    • 690

    #2
    Originally posted by bdownbear
    Hello,

    I currently have a Thermo Pride oil furnace. The reset button keeps on popping off. So here are the parts I have replaced first.... the motor, cad cell eye, cad cell, filter. After that, it worked for a week or two. Later, the reset button popped off again. I then replaced the oil pump gasket. After one night of relief, the reset button popped again. So I decided to replace the oil pump. It worked!! Not so fast, the reset popped again in 2 days. I'm at a point of frustration need some advice here. So please help!!

    Thanks!!!
    On a call for heat a safety timer starts and if the cad cell does not take the
    safety timer out of circuit it will trip the burner off. You might have to change out the primary control that is tripping out on you.

    Comment

    Trending

    Collapse

    • hawkins111
      Laser 730 over firing
      by hawkins111
      Has anyone had an occurrence of a Laser 730 or 731 over firing?
      The top of the heat chamber and the heat exchanger glow red on high when this occurs....
      11-12-2024, 10:29 AM
    • 911Restoration
      Fireplace Woes
      by 911Restoration
      Lit our fireplace for the first time this season last night and the whole living room filled with smoke, alarm went off. Chimney was cleaned last year...
      09-22-2026, 03:14 PM
    Working...