Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payne furnace blows lukewarm air

I checked the manifold nat gas pressure 3.5 wc pressure and the three burners are blowing good and staying on but my output air temp is 80F.After checking eveything else I notced that when the burners come on, they look great but when the the main furnace blower comes on the burners flutter a bunch then even out from what I can see. Could I have a big crack in the heat exchanger? Is that what happens you lose you air temp and the burners flutter and even out? If is the heat exchanger do you ever take it out to fix or replace? It's a 1989 Payne 90 plus Furnace.

Originally posted by shnbrnt View Post
    I checked the manifold nat gas pressure 3.5 wc pressure and the three burners are blowing good and staying on but my output air temp is 80F.After checking eveything else I notced that when the burners come on, they look great but when the the main furnace blower comes on the burners flutter a bunch then even out from what I can see. Could I have a big crack in the heat exchanger? Is that what happens you lose you air temp and the burners flutter and even out? If is the heat exchanger do you ever take it out to fix or replace? It's a 1989 Payne 90 plus Furnace.
    STOP using the furnace, shut it down. Have a tech check it out. Sounds like you have a bad heat exchanger. You can't fix the heat exchanger, but it can be replaced. By the time you check prices on having a new heat exchanger installed, you might want to look at a new furnace. Now days you can get 95%
    eff. and 10 yr. on all parts. The only other thing that can make burners do that is bad sealing around the intake air. I don't care if you do have a carbon
    monoxide tester it does not work like a $500.00 one that we have in our service truck. Later Paul

Comment

I looked to see if I could find a bad intake seal and the blower is like on a little track and slides in I dont really see a tight seal between the blower ind the furnace. In the summer I took the blower out and cleaned all the crude out of the cage fan, I think it worked normal after that but is there some way I could have made it mess with the burners it seems like it only goes in one way?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =