Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old gas furnace won't start

I have an International Heater from the 50's in my home that won't turn on this morning. I jumped the thermostat wires at the stat and that didn't work, the pilot is on, the breaker is on, the emergency shut off is on, I can manually turn the fan on, but I can't get the heat on. Any ideas on where to start?

check for power along the whole string going to the burner. does the pump/combustion fan work? does the ignition transformer spark? have you reset the protecto-relay? is there a blown fuse in the stat circuit? is the control transformer putting out 24 volts?

Comment

Originally posted by jimsimm View Post
      I have an International Heater from the 50's in my home that won't turn on this morning. I jumped the thermostat wires at the stat and that didn't work, the pilot is on, the breaker is on, the emergency shut off is on, I can manually turn the fan on, but I can't get the heat on. Any ideas on where to start?
      You need to check for 24 volts at the furnace. Sounds like you ether have a bad transformer or a limit switch is open. Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =