Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 problem

Our Monitor 441 is experiencing flame failure 2 minutes after ignition. Fuel flow is steady (with line disconnected) for the 2 minute interval then suddenly stops. I have bypassed the flame control rod which makes no difference. Circulation fan does not come on. Heater goes through post purge normally then flame indication light starts flashing. What am I missing?

have you reset the clv? constant level valve. Have you cleaned out the sump of crap?

Comment

Similar Problem

I'm new to using a monitor heater but I am having a similar problem. My oil ran out about 3 nights ago and the heater shut off. The next day I went to the store and got a little more than ten gallons of kerosene. Now when I start the heater, it will usually shut back off after a few minutes and the light starts flashing but a couple times it has actually ran for about ten minutes, blowing out heat, only to shut off with the flashing light once again. I've tried choking it before starting and also loosening the screw on the lower right hand side until oil flows out. Could this simply be that I don't have enough oil in the tank to keep a constant flow, or could it be another issue? If it is lack of fuel pressure, how many gallons would I need to ensure that it will run constantly? Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

shut off fuel flow. loosen and remove the stainless steel filter screws on the sump. clean off the screen with "gumout" spray. if need be, remove the whole sump assembly and clean out any crap in the bottom. use gumout liberally. use Q tips inside. check movement of the float and needle valve - it must be free. put the sump back and connect up everything. leave the fuel pump off and see where the fuel level goes to in the sump. there's a line cast into the sidewall. your fuel input should be about 14 inches "above" the input line of the heater. fuel flow is gravity feed - no real pressures involved. fuel consumption is about 1.2 gal per 24 hr period. ok, simply turning the unit off and on with the push button will not reset the computer. you must unplug it and plug it back in. before anything happens, the air switch must be made up, the heater overload switches must be closed, the pot igniter warms up as the unit purges fumes and air from the pot. when it called for fire, the solenoid pump goes thump - thump a couple of times, primes, and pumps fuel into the pot. fuels then ignites, flame rod detects a flame and the unit goes into high speed.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =