Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help with Weil-McClain Boiler PLEASE

Hello everyone,

I have searched this forum extensively and haven't found a solution to my boiler issue, so if my question has already been answered, please link me to it.

I have a Weil-McClain P-CG-5 boiler heater. It was working fine up until a couple days ago when I noticed it was getting rather chilly in the house. I went down in the basement and checked the pilot. It was on. The water circulates through the house but the burner(s) won't fire up to heat the water. I checked the thermostats and they both work fine. there is voltage at the boiler and to the thermostats. The thermostats are calling for heat but the water circulates but doesn't get warm. It is very cold here in Indiana, and I would greatly appreciate any sort of guidance in repairing this issue!

Thanks!!!

Tony

[QUOTE=tonyjunior;41286]Hello everyone,

I have searched this forum extensively and haven't found a solution to my boiler issue, so if my question has already been answered, please link me to it.

I have a Weil-McClain P-CG-5 boiler heater. It was working fine up until a couple days ago when I noticed it was getting rather chilly in the house. I went down in the basement and checked the pilot. It was on. The water circulates through the house but the burner(s) won't fire up to heat the water. I checked the thermostats and they both work fine. there is voltage at the boiler and to the thermostats. The thermostats are calling for heat but the water circulates but doesn't get warm. It is very cold here in Indiana, and I would greatly appreciate any sort of guidance in repairing this issue!

Thanks!!! Ok it sounds like every thing is working but burner will not come on,
    is this right? So when a stat calls for heat the zone valve makes and the relay snaps and the pump starts.Right? Can you check 24 volts at the gas valve? The 24 volt power for the gas valve comes from the transformer, through the same relay that starts the pump, but through a different set of contacts. then that power goes through one or more aqua-stat and through a
    low water cut off , if you have a low water cut off. If you want to send pic.
    email them to paulm989@hotmail.com Paul

Comment

I checked voltage from C and Y on the transformer and get 24 volts,and i checked the gas valve which displays 0V. I also checked continuity on the roll switch, aquastat, and spill switch. the roll switch and the aquastat have continuity and the spill switch down by the pilot light cover has no continuity and is corroded badly.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjunior View Post
        I checked voltage from C and Y on the transformer and get 24 volts,and i checked the gas valve which displays 0V. I also checked continuity on the roll switch, aquastat, and spill switch. the roll switch and the aquastat have continuity and the spill switch down by the pilot light cover has no continuity and is corroded badly.
        When you are checking continuity are you taking the wires off the switch?
        If you did and the switch has no continuity then the switch is bad unless it is a roll out that has a button to reset it. What is a display of ov? Is there two wires on the gas valve? Take the two wires off and test across them and tell me what you get. Paul

Comment

Yes i unplugged the switches before i tested for continuity. It turned out to be the Roll Out switch that was bad. It was tripped because the flame was burning weirdly. I jumped the wires TEMPORARILY and it fired right up. So i am going to have a tech come in and clean the whole system and i'll replace the switch.

I'm not really sure what all i'd have to clean to make the burners act right.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjunior View Post
            Yes i unplugged the switches before i tested for continuity. It turned out to be the Roll Out switch that was bad. It was tripped because the flame was burning weirdly. I jumped the wires TEMPORARILY and it fired right up. So i am going to have a tech come in and clean the whole system and i'll replace the switch.

I'm not really sure what all i'd have to clean to make the burners act right.
            well i usually take the burners out of the boiler and blow then out, but you do have to make sure the flue ways are clean going up through the boiler. If the are getting plugged the flame from the burners will float down around the burner, and out the front of the boiler. That will grab your roll out switch and rust it up.
            Later Paul

Comment

Working...
            X
            =