Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 441 wire insulation

I have a spare heater in the shop and I took the cover off to clean the dust inside the cabinet. I noticed that the insulation (cloth material ) on one of the wires to the burner pot or ignitor is crumbling apart and the wire is exposed. Can I find replacment wire ??

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ncjaybird View Post
    I have a spare heater in the shop and I took the cover off to clean the dust inside the cabinet. I noticed that the insulation (cloth material ) on one of the wires to the burner pot or ignitor is crumbling apart and the wire is exposed. Can I find replacment wire ??

Thanks in advance
    The wire is probably permanently affixed to the component in question (flame rod, igniter, etc). If this is the case you'd have to replace the whole component, splice in a new piece of wire, tape the wire with electrical tape or use heat shrink material to cover the bad portion to prevent it from shorting out.

Comment

use a piece of glass insulated silicone wire. Its designation in the electrical business is type SIS. Use 14 gauge stranded. Use a butt splice and cover the splice with a woven glass sleeve.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =