Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Heater Burner Chamber and Pot removal steps and guide

Below is a guide and steps to removing a monitor burner chamber and pot. Some people it may help and some may disagree but I have used these steps for 25 years and they work pretty good for me.

If you have any slack in your oil line you can do this without unhooking the oil line. If not you will have to cut the oil off and unhook the line.
    Unplug the heater from the power source.
    Remove the spring from the back of the heater that hooks to the exhaust pipe.
    Twist the exhaust pipe to loose the elbow going into the exhaust pipe.
    Pull the heater and elbow out of the exhaust pipe pulling more on the left side.
    You can, if you have slack in your line move the heater enough to perform the work.
    Remove the six screws that hold the grey front on, sit front out of the way.
    Remove the one screw if a 41 or 441 that holds the Temp. panel on. You can turn it sideways and stand it up without having to unhook it.
    Take the 5 screws out of the top of the heater and remove it.
    Take the screw out of the fan cage and lay fan cage back a little.
    Remove the 2 screws on the back of the heater that holds the top heat shield in place.
    Remove the 6 screws that hold the heat shield, thermostats. Turn heat shield over and lay it on top of the heater, upside down over the control board side.
    Remove the 1 screw on the top left of the burner that holds the burner chamber to the side of the heater.
    Remove the two screws that hold the burner sensor in place, ¾ of the ways down burner chamber on right side, 1 single wire to sensor, and remove sensor. You can stick it over next to the fuel pump out of the way.
    Remove the 10 screws that hold the burner access door in place. Be easy with the last screw and remove the door easy and maybe you won’t have to replace the gasket. But only if you are real lucky and very careful.
    Take out the burner ring on the inside of the pot. Pull up on each side of the ring to loosen the tabs. Once it feels loose turn it counter clockwise and it will allow you to remove the burner ring.
    Remove the oil line that screws into the burner just below the burner sensor.
    Take out the 3 screws that hold the igniter cover in place, bottom left of burner chamber.
    Remove the 2 screws that hold the igniter in place, igniter has 2 wires coming from the control board. If the screw heads round out which they can. Use a hack saw blade and cut a straight cut thru it and use a straight screwdriver to get the screw out.
    On the right side bottom of the heat exchanger, looks like an old radiator, take the 1 screw out that screws the heat exchanger to the base of the heater.
    Take the two screws out that hold the white bottom plate to the lower front of the heater.
    Take out the real small screw that holds the heat shield to the base of the heater. Will be the next screw to the left of where you took the igniter out.
    Take the 4 screws out of the legs that hold the heater to the bottom pan.
    On the back of the heater on the left side there will be one screw that holds the heater cover to the base. This will allow you to move the heaters outside cover away from the burner.
    Take the screw out of the back that is just below your exhaust elbow.
    With a long screw driver or a couple extensions remove the 6 screws that screw the burner chamber to the base of the heater.
    Once these are removed pick the Burner chamber up, do not slide because you will tear your bottom gasket if you slide it.

Turn your burner upside down and take out the 5 screws that hold the burner pot in place.
    You will then be able to lift the pot out of the burner.
    It may sound like you are removing some un-necessary screws but in the long run it will pay off to avoid working in a tight places and constantly dropping screws. I have done this a couple hundred times and I promise you it will save you time and aggravation in the long run.
    To re-install take these steps in reverse order.
    Approx. removal time 35 minutes once you have done it a time or two.

It went well.

I was doing okay on my own, up to a point. Thanks for posting this. Finished up real quick, after reading.

Comment

Originally posted by pythons37 View Post
      I was doing okay on my own, up to a point. Thanks for posting this. Finished up real quick, after reading.

Your Welcome

Comment

Working...
      X
      =