Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back problems

Believe me I know about those back problems. I'm 67! Compound that with left foot gout and I guess I should be laid up.
    Keep warm. We got temperatures in Northern NY around 10 degrees tonight and 14 tomorrow.

Comment

Monitor Heater/Back Pain

Are you sure the flame rod isn't making contact with the flame ring? That's the way my 422 started acting right before I did a chamber rebuild and the flame rod WAS making contact with flame ring when the temperature started to increase and the ring started expanding. I too know how back pain is, I have chronic back pain that resulted from a fall when I worked construction. I've been on morphine for several years just so I can get out of bed and function at about 50% capacity. Something you may want to try that may help your back pain is glucosamine 1500mg. and chondroitin 1200mg. on a daily basis, it helped me. You can buy large bottles of tablets at Walmart that will last about 3 months for about $20-25 a bottle. It takes awhile to get in your system, but usually within a few weeks the pain will start getting better if it's going to help. I've recommended it to several people with back pain and arthritis and it's helped them too. Here in South Central KY we're supposed to get down into the upper 10's tonight with tomorrow's high's being in the low-mid 30's, very cold for this area this early in the winter. That's the kind of temperatures we usually get in Jan.
      Last edited by FordMan59; 11-23-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

The Fix Monitor 441 heater.

Hello Guys,

Ok here is what was wrong. 1# the air intake pipe(gray flex) was filled with rain water so no AIR. fixed the angle of the pipe in the wall. 2# Burner weld(fuel tube) broke. Had it TIG welded($20) 3# Cleaned all soot and carbon out. 4# new Gaskets..5# I messed this up! I put the flame rod back in pointing sideways! Well you know it will not stay lit in that way...I was stumped?? i looked at some old pictures of service and seen the Rod points DOWN! Fixed that and perfect! Worked all winter!

Looking back the main problem was the pipe in the wall was tilled a little up and we had 80" of rain in 2013 in WNC got filled with rain water(gray flex). If you don't feel AIR outside coming out the center tube Then the air intake is plugged(be sure the blower is running)maybe by Water, Bee's, ants??

The Weld on the burner for the fuel tube i think it was broke. But looking back it would have broke anyway as tight as it was. Now it's welded better than new!

And make a Map of how part go back! I just didnot look how it came out. remember rod points down!
        to the flame..
        and one more thing Replace the filter at the tank outside...My filter plugged 2 weeks after i got the unit to run perfect! and also check the unit one...(should be first on your test list)

I learned a lot from this forum! Plus I was a teacher at NASCAR(lot of help!). Monitor heaters are NOT a Race Car! (more PROBLEMS!)

Thank you all!

Comment

monitors

I'm glad you passed monitor 101.
          Now you can help other people. When I started this sub-forum I was working by my own experience with monitor heaters.
          I certainly wasn't going to pay a guy $350 just to come out without doing anything.
          So my educational experience came into play. I had NO idea how the thing functioned. Now I know!
          There's a guy here local that runs a campground with monitors in all his units. So now I'm stuck servicing all his units.
          AND his girlfriends heater.
          But now since monitor isn't gonna manufacture vented kero anymore, I'm referring people to the TOYOTOMI LASER 73.
          I've asked Hawkins111 to start submitting answers to questions about the toyo heaters.

Comment

Hello, I am new and currently trying to get my 441 to pump fuel and fire. When the pump comes on it pumps about 4 strokes, several drops of fuel come out of pipe, and that is it. The ignitor is hot. The fuel screen is clean, the fuel level is good. I am a bit concerned if blower pressure switch is closing or not. I plan on investigating air flow to switch, switch, and blower air paths. The unit was working when put in storage a few years back, but mice made a home in it. I replaced the small glass surge protector on the ckt board with a new one as its wire was broken but other than that all looks intact. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Steve...update...now I have it completely apart looking to make sure no air flow obstructions, have found no "smoking gun"! What tells the fuel pump how long to pump? How much fuel should come out of pump? I traded a pump out to troubleshoot and the other pump did not seem to pump any more, just a few dribbles, and pulses, then nothing while the 4 burner lights are lit. All else in the burner can looks fine. Going to put it all back together today. Thanks Now I have put everything back together, all is good, did find some mouse debris, etc. in HX but cleaned it all out. I now that I know there is no reason for blower flow to be low, or hi, or so it seemed, I put second lead on blower press. sw on normally closed, and for the first time the fuel pump pumped and the unit fired and got hot but then shutdown. Since the press. sw was in abnormal hookup, ns vs no, I then jumpered out press sw and unit runs fine. Also, air was coming out of LP connection, or atm. conn. on press sw which makes me think diaphragm is bad? Unit runs fine with sw jumpered.....anyone know what pressure sw setting is?
            Last edited by peaceodarock; 11-21-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =