Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 Fuel Problem

I have a Monitor 422 which I use to heat my garage. I am using the capsule fuel tanks. Heater ran fine yesterday, when I started it today, the fuel pump made a thumping noise for about 5 sec. & then the burner light came on. Ran fine for about 10 min., then the fuel pump thumped again for about 5 sec. & the burner shut down with the burner lights flashing. Pulled the fuel tank & cleaned the filter underneath it. Re-started & it did the same thing. The empty light did not come on. Did not pull the fuel filter on the lower right side. Any ideas????

Thanks,
    Don

Update

Decided to try something else - put in an empty fuel tank & ran the heater until the empty alarm came on (had to re-start 2 or 3 times). Filled the fuel tank & heater started & ran fine for 3 hrs. Maybe a piece of dirt in the pump????

Comment

Originally posted by dtjacob View Post
      Decided to try something else - put in an empty fuel tank & ran the heater until the empty alarm came on (had to re-start 2 or 3 times). Filled the fuel tank & heater started & ran fine for 3 hrs. Maybe a piece of dirt in the pump????
      Could have gotten a air lock in your tank as well. I usually listen for mine to fill up the reservoir when I put the tank in. If it doesn't I will take the tank out put it back in or sometimes just shake it and it will do fine.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =