Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 2400 fuel sump filter cap leak

hey folks. hope someone can help me. I have a monitor 2400. the fuel sump is leaking at the cap that goes over the screen. I had to clean it out a few times. my tank I got a few years ago for it was dirty. I have a filter inline. some crap got past it for a while and plugged the sump screen. one of the screw holes is stripped out now. any help on where to get a new sump unit? I can find all the stuff to rebuild the burner, and the fuel solenoid, haven't found the sump unit yet. thanks for any help!

I had a problem with my 422 leaking at the same place after cleaning the sump screen. Finally I figured out that I was trying to tighten it too tight, apparently this was warping the cover and allowing kerosene to get out around the gasket, finally I just snugged it up and didn't torque it so tight and it stopped leaking.

As for Monitor parts, do a web search for Hickory Home and Garden in Hickory, NC. They have Monitor parts, but don't list them on their web site. The web site will give you a toll free phone number and you can inquire about parts and pricing. I live in KY and there are no Monitor dealers around, so when I needed parts to rebuild the burn chamber in my 422 a couple years ago I ordered from HHG. They shipped the parts by USPS priority mail and I had them in a few days. HHG has the best prices on Monitor parts I've been able to find anywhere. If they don't have the part you need in stock they can probably get it in 1-2 days from their supplier in Winston-Salem, NC.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 09-12-2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

the sump tank is just a plain old white metal casting. if you stripped out a hole, which is metric thread, you might be able to re-tap the hole one metric size larger and use a bigger screw, also metric. just make sure the tap is a bottoming tap. a taper tap won't work. find a sheet of neoprene sheet goods and cut a new gasket to cover the access hole. regular rubber will harden with the kerosene.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =