Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York furnance pressure switch open

I am getting a "pressure switch open" error. In my case, the furnace ignites, but soon goes out and all I get is cold air. I have been away from the house over a year and the people responsible for taking care of it didn't and it just sat vacant with the heat on. I just moved back and found the filter was really bad and looked petrified. I replaced the filter. I have checked the hose and it seems to be clear. From what I've read, I doubt I have a bad switch. I think this is probably a cleaning problem, but I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to clean. I do have some condensate, but I'm not sure what I need to take apart or where specifically I need to look. I really hate to pay someone to come out and clean. Any suggestions?

what does the pressure switch monitor? gas pressure or plenum air pressure? Or does it monitor air pressure in the induced exhaust air going in the chimney?
    Last edited by HayZee518; 10-01-2014, 04:59 AM.

Comment

A gas pressure switch would be a totally enclosed type switch. Air flow switch would be a diapragm type or a sail type switch connected to a microswitch.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =