Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 41 sump problem

Hello,
    The problem I am having is that the sump keeps running dry. When the sump fills up, the float does its job and the lever moves forward which stops the fuel from coming in. When fuel is used the float moves down but it doesn't push the arm back up to let fuel back in to keep the process going. I currently have the sump cover off with the pump sitting in it so when I hear the pump starving for fuel I can push the arm back up manually. I'm not sure if a piece broke off the float that is supposed to push it back up or what happened. Any help you could give me would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by Chance811; 01-17-2015, 02:37 PM.

the float on the 41 is made of plastic and has a metal piece that sits on a rod that it pivots on. at the outer end of the float should be a blue metal "tang" with a very tiny set screw in it. this set screw contacts the back part of the needle valve which moves up and down towards and away from the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance811 View Post
      Hello,
      The problem I am having is that the sump keeps running dry. When the sump fills up, the float does its job and the lever moves forward which stops the fuel from coming in. When fuel is used the float moves down but it doesn't push the arm back up to let fuel back in to keep the process going. I currently have the sump cover off with the pump sitting in it so when I hear the pump starving for fuel I can push the arm back up manually. I'm not sure if a piece broke off the float that is supposed to push it back up or what happened. Any help you could give me would be great. Thanks
      If the safety is falling back down then the sump is filling up with too much kerosene or you have a piece rusted and broken off in the sump.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryand View Post
        If the safety is falling back down then the sump is filling up with too much kerosene or you have a piece rusted and broken off in the sump.
        Yes, I realized after, that the arm was just a safety mechanism. I ended up pulling the sump out and gave it a good cleaning. I think the problem was that my fuel got too low and it sucked some gunk in. The sump wasn't filling up quick enough because it was partially clogged, therefore the fuel pump would starve and the heater would shut down. Thank you for your reply. It is back to running great!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =