Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rutland direct vent appliance sealant ??

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rutland direct vent appliance sealant ??

hi, Wondering if anyone has used this stuff to replace gaskets when doing a routine service ???
    Supposedly it rated for 800 degrees and the way i interpreted the product data sheet it would be correct to use this stuff as a gasket maker. This will be used on a m-22 combustion chamber etc.... thanks for the input in advance

use the gasket cement ONLY to fasten the burner mat. don't use it on the gaskets or you'll be replacing the gaskets each time you take apart the unit for maintenance. the stuff hardens to like rock when it cures.

Comment

Brand: Rutland Product#641 tube says "Seal It Right- Direct Vent Appliance Sealant

This stuff is a Latex based sealant not a cement the product data sheet says that it doesn't dry hard it stays flexible and removes easily if you used on inspection panels and such..says it can be used to form gaskets to seal pipe flanges,inspection panels etc.. My guess is that it is similar to an automotive grade rtv gasket maker only it's not silicone based and can withstand more heat

I have used the Rutland cement on my wood stove and you are right it does dry rock hard... and I wouldn't use that stuff for this application

If i were more computer savvy i would attach the pds for this stuff..
      the brand is Rutland and the tube says: Seal It Right Direct vented appliance sealant the product # is 641 anybody ever seen or used this stuff ???
      Thanks again..

Comment

Working...
      X
      =