Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove kohler k-393 Cartridge

Hello all,

I have the k-393 faucet and need to replace the damaged cartridge 77006.
    (i.e. kohler GP77006-RP Kohler CCW Valve Kit )

Please check my attached picture as follows:

Can someone tell me how to remove it correctly?
    Last edited by q0987; 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM.

use a deep well six point socket and ratchet. according to the schematic, that hex fitting is the only thing that holds the cartridge in the valve body. it may seem like it won't move, but its brass to brass. go slow with it.

Comment

Hello , I have drawn two red arrows on the picture. The first one on the left points to "part". The second one on the right points to "base".

When you say "hex fitting", do you mean the "part" pointed by the first red arrow on the left?

Or I should loose the part just above "part" pointed by the first arrow.

If I have to loose "part", I found the bottom of the part is smaller than the "base" as indicated by the second red arrow on the right. No matter how hard I rotate, it just cannot come out. I worry that I may break it.

By the way, as shown in the picture, I didn't remove 1087748 Shroud. So do I remove the "hex fitting" from top of the forcet or from the bottom of it. If I have to remove it from the bottom part, then i have to remove 1087748 Shroud.

thank you

Comment

The top red arrow is where you put the socket wrench and turn it...
        I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Hello Redwood,

Can I directly loose it and take it out from the top without removing the base 1087748 Shroud?

Thank you

Comment

It should come out without removing that...

The part you are seeing as too big is actually the 1094155 yoke supply...
            Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe

Comment

Hello Redwood,

It is quite strange whenever I try to counter-clockwise rotate the 77006, in fact I move the 1094155. It is very tight.

Question 2> Which one I should buy 77006 (Counterclockwise Close) and 77005(Clockwise Close).

My damage one is on the right side and I use Counterclockwise to close. Does it mean that I should buy 77006?

thank you

Comment

The clockwise and counter clockwise refers to the direction you turn the handle to shut the faucet off...

Not the direction you turn the nut to remove the cartridge...
                Now I can Plumb!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =