Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dishwasher not spraying

Have a Maytag dishwasher quiet series 100. Pump will empty and fill machine but when it comes time to wash, the arm doesn't spin and nothing comes out of it. Have taken apart and cleaned holes etc. Any ideas?

Filling the machine has nothing to do with the pump.

But, since the machine does pump out it is safe to assume the pump is working. There is a valve which sends the flow of the pump to either the drain or circulates the water through the arms. On some dishwashers there may be secondary valve positions that circulate the water through different levels of the machine as well.

This valve has either failed or, has debris lodged in it which is restricting its movement. On our own machine I have found on one occasion a piece of a glass that had broken lodged in the port of the valve restricting its movement. The valve worked okay after removing that piece of glass.
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Info response for not spraying.

thanks. pretty much cleaned everything out. impeller not making contact with shaft of pump=excessively worn=metal on plastic was bound to fail. new one in today. oh well. wife likes me to talk a little. hope this suffices.
      Stephen

Comment

Working...
      X
      =