Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold under tub problem

My upstairs tub has a problem. The O-ring / seal around the overflow pipe has slipped off and has allowed water to leak down to the downstairs bathroom. I first detected this when I smelled a strong odor coming from the tub area. I'm pretty sure it's the mold I'm smelling. I don't smell it all the time but it's strong when I do smell it. Maybe I'm getting used to it.

Here's my question: I'd like to look under the tub to see if indeed this is the problem, and if it is, how bad the mold is. If it's bad then I'll spend the money to fix it but I need to look under there without pulling the tub out. Are there any small cameras available that I can feed down in between the studs that will do what I want? Any other ideas?

Much like ex wives, mold doesn't just "go away". It just gets worse. Take care of it now before your house is condemmed.
    If the leak is from the overflow pipe, you can fix this from the front side of the tub. Remove the plate from inside the tub and look at the gasket. If it's worn, just replace it.
    If the leak is from the drain at the bottom of the tub, cut a hole in the ceiling directly below it and repace it from there......If the tub adjoins a closet, you could also cut a hole in that wall to access the drain.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
    X
    =