Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Flushing Question

One of the toilets in our house is doing something strange when flushing... Normally when flushing the waste material is fully removed and all of the water drains until the syphon is broken with a "gulp" like noise and then the bowl refills with fresh water... Lately when flushing one of the toilets in our house, the waste material will be drained, but the water level in the bowl never goes low enough to break the syphon suction... thus no "Gulp" noise.. I know this is not normal but what is causing it to do this? The other toilets in the house as well as the shower and bathroom sink drain in this same bathroom work fine.. Any suggestions on how to correct it??

I'm thinking you have a small blockage near this toilet, Have you tried to snake this toilet ?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

This can either be caused by a blockage or, not enough water going from the tank to the bowl quick enough...

Try the auger as Pushkins suggested but if that doesn't improve the flush use a bucket of water with the amount of water your toilet should flush with poured rapidly into the bowl to see if it flushes properly. Most toilets will flush with either 3.5 gallons or, 1.6 gallons of water though some older ones may use more.

If the toilet flushes with the bucket then look for water delivery problems...

This link will offer additional information on water delivery problems...
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =