Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet water level

After I moved into my home my son enjoys flushing the toilet multiple times before it has had a chance to refill. Now the water level inside the bowl is always quite low. What advice can you give on how to remedy this issue.

Plumbing is not my expertise [8]

Mpage; Welcome to the forum. Remove the tank's lid, reach in, and adjust the float rod , if so equipped. Bend the rod DOWN a little at a time try it, until the level is just a 1/4" below the overflow tube. Let us know if this does the trick, as there are other solutions. Hube

Comment

Your advice was helpful...learned alot about how the toilet works. I have a built in float, it seems to be working fine. The refill tank holds a sufficient amount of water. The problem is that the flap closes too quickly. So that after the toilet is evacuated only a small of refill water enters the bowl, but the refill tank fills nicely. Any advice on how to get the flap to close more slowly.

The chain that connects the flap to the flush handle seems to have the correct amount of slack. So the flap open immediately when the level is pushed down to start the flush just seems to not stay open long enough.

Hope this is clear.

Comment

Give the chain a litle bit more slack.
        It sounds like it's TOO tight.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
        <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

There should be a small float that is attached to the chain right above your flapper. You need to lower the float on the chain down towards your flapper. Lowering it will hold the flapper open longer when you flush. If you don't have a float on this chain, then go to the hardware store and buy a new Fluidmaster flapper, the red one, model 400A I think. There will be an auto adjust knob on the top of it. Adjusting this knob over to the number 9 will hold the flapper open the longest. I think they are under $5.00

quote:Originally posted by mpage

Your advice was helpful...learned alot about how the toilet works. I have a built in float, it seems to be working fine. The refill tank holds a sufficient amount of water. The problem is that the flap closes too quickly. So that after the toilet is evacuated only a small of refill water enters the bowl, but the refill tank fills nicely. Any advice on how to get the flap to close more slowly.

The chain that connects the flap to the flush handle seems to have the correct amount of slack. So the flap open immediately when the level is pushed down to start the flush just seems to not stay open long enough.

Hope this is clear.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =