Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Disposal

Someone please help, I have put rice and chicken dowm my garbage disposal and it has clogged up the sink. How do I repair it, or do I call a plumber ?

You should remove the trap under the sink and clean it out, you may also need to snake out the drain that goes into the wall. Is your disposer clogged too. There is a hex wrench that came with your disposer. With the power off, stick the end of the wrench in the slot underneath the bottom of the disposer and turn it left and right to try to free the clog, then turn it on and run cold water thru. If all this doesn't do it then time to call a drain router company, they'll be cheaper than a plumber if all your under the sink plumbing is clear. Here's a link for details: http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/homem...rfix.htm<br />
    Hope this helps.

quote:Originally posted by xxxsheridan

Someone please help, I have put rice and chicken dowm my garbage disposal and it has clogged up the sink. How do I repair it, or do I call a plumber ?

Comment

Thanks,
      Mu disposer is working fine, how should I remove the trap ?

Comment

You'll need a pipe wrench and a bucket to catch the matter underneath the sink. Here's a link to give you all the scoop:

Thanks,
        Mu disposer is working fine, how should I remove the trap ?

Comment

Thanks you are the best, Ill let you know how it turns out..:-)

Comment

Good luck

Thanks you are the best, Ill let you know how it turns out..:-)

Comment

Working...
            X
            =