Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP>>CLOGGED TOILET!!

We just put a new toilet in our house we bought in OCT...we replaced the bathroom floor and put s new toilet in too (around XMAS).....last week I flushed the toilet and it started bubbling and gurgling, so I waited for my hubby to get home and he plunged it and said it was fine..the next morning, I flushed it again and it ran all OUT OVER THE FLOOR!! it was awful...so now days later we still cannot use the toilet....it SLOWLY goes down (after many hours) but it is still not empty...we bought a snake and tried that and it can only go about 6-12 inches down...we are about 99% positive our 1 yr old put something in it...so we thought take the toilet off and see what we see...but hubby says it was a pain putting that toilet on and he would rather not mess w it...but I think it will prob cost a lot to have soemone come out...but don't you think we should try it ourselves first?? any advice would be great!

It may be a pain, but I'd pull that toilet and take a look from the bottom side. One of the best helpers is a wet vac to pull the water from the tank and the bowl. Then remove the tank, then the bowl. Even a snake may not be able to get whatever it is out......

Comment

thanks for the reply...I think that is the cheapest way to go to..tho hubby wants to call a plumber...it is yucky in there!!! I would nevber send soemone in there..lol..it is some YUCKY WATER!! plus, it isprob well over a 100 for a plumber to do it dont ya think???

Comment

It is relativly easy to pull a toilet and then to reset it. I'm thinking that the internal trap of your toilet is probably clogged. You'll need to pull the toilet and then try to clean it out from the back side of the toilet, it's possible that something either fell into the bowl or toilet paper is clogging it. As said, it's easier to remove the tank from the bowl before resetting it. Here is a link to show you all the details necessary for your project. You can also buy a Fluidmaster waxless ring from Home Depot instead of a wax ring with a horn on it. These new waxless rings can be reused over and over again. http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/b...ng/replace.htm

If a plumber were to come out to your home to do this I would guess it would cost you anywhere from $150-$200.

Comment

thanks for the fast reply! where is the internal trap..still in the toilet I assume and not in the drain in the floor under the toilet??
          I have tried an industrial plunger and a snake..and the snake wont even go all the way so I can crank it...over night it almost drains completely....thanks for the tips, and the link is great! I will keep you posted..

Comment

UPDATE: hubby called a plumber, and they were just out..they used a HUGE EEL!!! and it took em like 5 minutes...it was "flushable" wipes that my 5 yr old uses...stinks we had to call a plumber but now we know not to trust any flushable type things...also it was not that bad...48 dollars..anyhow I am thankful at least it works!! LOL..thanks for this site

Comment

That's great news, and the price was a good one. Just in case you ever need to clear it out again, here's a good link that shows how a toilet flushes. The trap that is internal to the toilet bowl can be seen in the picture. You'll notice how there's a hole in the bottom of the toilet, and then the water is routed up in a loop and then back down to the drain opening on the bottom of the toilet.

Thanks for letting me know

Comment

You know, Kactus, you do a great job with those sites you send us to. Your knowledge and willingness to help are great. Thanks for all you do....

Comment

yes KACT!! thanks for all you do..you are a great help! also thanks for the link

Comment

You're both very welcome, you just made my day [8D]

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =