Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sink,

I replaced my kitchen sink strainers and I am having a hard time keeping the tail pipe hooked to the strainer. I have a tailpipe washer and the nut and when I hook to to the strainer the tailpipe washer comes out of the pipe. What am I missing here?

sink

the tailpipe is 1 1/2 inch with a flange on it. a flat gasket goes between the flange and the strainer threads. a standard slip nut holds it onto the strainer. this pipe then goes into an elbow or a sanitary tee and then on to the inlet to the trap. all these "other" connections are the slip joint variety. that is in order of install, the receiving pipe or fitting is slightly oversized to accept the pipe going into it, the elbow has a thread, the tee has a thread for the slipjoint nut. the compression washer is tapered and fits into the fitting the inside diameter of the compression washer just slides against the pipe of pipe extension hence its called a slip joint fitting.

Comment

tail pipe diagram

look at this diagram. it will show you how the drain is assembledClick image for larger version

Name:	tailpipe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	87224

Comment

Working...
      X
      =