Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet valve closes to early

When I flush the toilet the stop valve closes right away instead of staying open to let the water drain. I have changed the stopper but it did not help. I have adjusted the chain many times and it still does not help.

rosalind contreras

There should be a float attached to the chain that's connected to the flapper. Lower the float down on the chain towards the flapper and it will stay open longer to let the water out of the tank. If you don't have a float then buy one of the Fluidmaster flappers that are red and have the auto dial function on the top. Adjust to 9 and you'll be set.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

There should be a float attached to the chain that's connected to the flapper. Lower the float down on the chain towards the flapper and it will stay open longer to let the water out of the tank. If you don't have a float then buy one of the Fluidmaster flappers that are red and have the auto dial function on the top. Adjust to 9 and you'll be set.
      rosalind contreras
      I have tried to lower the float on the chain but the flapper just pulls it down. I will try to purchase the Fluidmaster flappers and see if that works.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =