Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shellback Torpedo sump pump question

So after 53 years, my Shellback sump pump suffered a catastrophic failure necessitating a replacement. I've installed the new pump, but have noticed a peculiar thing. When I first lowered the pump into the crock, I could hear the little pressure switch click on as the tube reached the depth needed to activate it. I plugged it in and it did its job, cycling for a couple of minutes every so often. The frequency at which it turned on diminished as the day wore on, but then it never turned on again causing the water level to rise above the central drain in my basement. I pulled the pump and tested the switch by blowing a little air into the tube and it clicked on and off as I changed the pressure. What seems to be a problem is if the water level rises very slowly, somehow, whatever pressure gets built up in that tube seems to get bled off and consequently never triggering the switch again. Has anyone had a similar experience with this specific pump? Please keep in mind this is a brand new unit.
    Attached Files
Working...
X
=