Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use S&D for DWV in wall?

I would like to not cut the wall open, and wondering if I could use 3" S&D pipe in wall . They make the bushing to connect sched 40 to S&D so would be all glued. Thanks

It's your wall, not getting it inspected you can do whatever you please, but its not code in my locality,

Comment

I am going to see if I can order a stick of sched 30 from local supply house, I think that will meet code.? I would rather do it right even if the S&D would work.

Comment

Use furring strips on the wall out to get the room to fit the 3' sch 40 DWV if you cannot fit it in the wall,

Comment

The point is that I don't want to cut the wall out. I am adding a second story toilet in attic space I am finishing off. After checking, sched 30 is not in code either.
          Sched 40 3" = 3.50 OD
          30 3" = 3.25" OD
          S&D 3" = 3" OD
          Just for some reference.

Comment

Kind of looks like what you want to do, is not possible, and meet code.

Comment

Yea, that's what I am seeing, but in practical sense, what could be the downside of using S&D in a wall?

Comment

Codes are there to protect two groups of people:
                1: you as the homeowner from a bad contractor

BUT most importantly

2: the next buyer.........................they have no idea what anyone before them did, they trust it was to code and rightfully so.

When in doubt.......Do it right ! cut the wall and install sch. 40 3" it's not that big a deal to re drywall or repair the cut out section.
                Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                Every day is a learning day.

Comment

But theoretically, it would work just fine.? I get the codes, I have had to work with them. Thanks for all replies, very helpful site. Glad I found it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =