Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water coming up through kitchen floor

So I came home today to find my kitchen floor doing a spot-on impression of the lost city of Atlantis. Water is seeping outward from underneath the kitchen sink cabinet (NOT from the visible pipes under the sink) and seeping out/up from some of the edges of the room. It seems to have saturated the bottom of the cabinet, too. I live in an apartment, so I've got to call management, but in the meantime, will it help to shut off the water valves under the sink? Since the leak seems to be somewhere in the floor or the wall, I wasn't sure if that would help or potentially make things worse. If anyone knows or can think of anything else to do, please let me know!

Amy

probably wouldn't help because the stops [valves] are either angle stops or straight stops. they go into the wall and down, maybe across left or right or plain down through the bottom plate to the next apartment. you might have a drain leak.
    anyway, landlord will have to remove a few bottom cabinets and open up the sheetrock to see whats up underneath.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =