Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Problem

I recently moved to a new house that was vacant for a couple of years. I renovated the half-bath removing and then replacing the toilet with a new wax seal--I also replaced the ballcock. The toilet seemed to work fine the first few uses. Now it acts like its stopped up, but intermittantly. When I flush it, it will: 1) Start to fill the bowl with water 2) As it starts to fill, air bubbles will start to come up, sometimes big, sometimes small ones 3) The tank will drain about 1/3 of the way and then stop... and then after a while it drains down to the normal level, but never really flushes.

I have tried plungers and got a cheap closet auger. I thought the closet auger had done the trick, but the problem came back a few flushes later. I can't really tell if I have a clog or if I have some other issue. The rest of the toilets in the house work fine.

Is there a chemical I should try or any other advice?

Thank you.

Traditionally that would be either a clogged vent pipe or a clogged drain pipe. I can't speak as to how your improvements affect the scenario. Anyone else? Let us know what you find out!

Try

Comment

Iv'e found that bubbles coming up usually indicates a blocked vent pipe. When a vent in one of my buildings blocked up I had to call Rota-Rooter

Comment

Working...
      X
      =