Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My toilet sucks.

I flush my toilet and it flushes find, but I have to jiggle the handle to get the water to stop running what do I do?

Jellybean,You have to lift the lid off of the water tank (the back part that has the handle on it) look inside and you will see that your flapper isn't closing after the toilet has flushed. The fix might be as simple as adjusting the chain that is attached to the flapper. look inside and let us know what you find.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jellybean

I flush my toilet and it flushes find, but I have to jiggle the handle to get the water to stop running what do I do?
      Remove the flapper and replace it. Inspect where it seats to the flush valve to insure there isn't any residue rubber from the old flapper. Replace the handle if it looks questionable. TIP: I ware latex gloves when I handle old flappers due to the deteriorating rubber is hard to scrub off your hands and makes a big mess. [xx(]

Comment

Hawk, if the flapper was bad (and it might be getting there)the water would still run even after she jiggled the handle. The way I read it the water stops.

Comment

Your right Dev 65. I should have read that a little closer. Sounds like the handle is loose and not falling back down if jiggling helps. Generic handles are a couple bucks and I would humbly suggest replacing the flapper while your in there.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =