Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky Shower Head

I take a shower and turn off the water. It is a shower only, no tub.
    The shower head won't drip after I turn it off. Later in the night when I go to sleep it starts dripping from the shower head. It stops again after a while. What is making it drip? It is a fairly new shower head.

Jim

Possibly the shut-off valve needs a new washer installed

Comment

Where is the shutoff valve?

Thanks, Jim

Comment

Jim; The shut off valve is that thing you turn to put the water ON to take a shower. Its the same thing you turn OFF when you finish showering? savvy?

Comment

I used to have that 'problem' also. I think it was just because the pipe and shower head were still full of water when you shut it off, and it was at a warm temp when in use, that when it cooled to room temp it changed the pressure of the water inside and started dribbling. What I did was to just open the diverter valve on the faucet and let it flush out. But then that was a tub-shower and had a faucet. But I'd bet that that's what's going on.....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Hube

Jim; The shut off valve is that thing you turn to put the water ON to take a shower. Its the same thing you turn OFF when you finish showering? savvy?
            How do I change the washer in the shut off valve? there is another nut under the outside one. This is an old tub, with exterior (new) hot and cold taps joined to a centre spout (down for bath, up for shower). Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            =