Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower head leaks when faucet on

My house in ~4 years old, and I believe this problem has always occurred, but we rarely used the guest shower before. Now that our daughter is old enough to use it, we need to get it repaired.

The setup is a shower/tub with a single on/off, cold/hot handle that doesn't pull out. In order to get the shower to go on, you need to pull out a knob on the faucet itself (seems rather standard). It looks almost exactly like this, but I don't know the brand mine is (it was installed by the builder when the house was being built).

The problem is when you turn the handle to get water to flow from the faucet, the shower head drips water constantly. It appears that it drips heavier depending on the location of the handle, leaving me to believe it may be a pressure problem.

Any suggestions???

Your link doesn't work. (html, anyone)
    It sounds like the diverter is worn out. Post back with the correct faucet and model.

quote:Originally posted by mhnsp

My house in ~4 years old, and I believe this problem has always occurred, but we rarely used the guest shower before. Now that our daughter is old enough to use it, we need to get it repaired.

The setup is a shower/tub with a single on/off, cold/hot handle that doesn't pull out. In order to get the shower to go on, you need to pull out a knob on the faucet itself (seems rather standard). It looks almost exactly like this, but I don't know the brand mine is (it was installed by the builder when the house was being built).

The problem is when you turn the handle to get water to flow from the faucet, the shower head drips water constantly. It appears that it drips heavier depending on the location of the handle, leaving me to believe it may be a pressure problem.

Any suggestions???
    Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Sorry. If you go to http://www.homedepot.com and type in 163279 in the search bar at the top, it will bring up the model I was referring to (Moen Chateau Chrome Single Handle Tub/Shower Faucet). Please note that mine may or may not be the same - I just showed this model since it looks exactly like the one I have.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =