Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement shower rough IN planning

I PUT QUESTIONS NEXT TO PICTURES ON THE ABOVE LINK...CHECK IT OUT AND MAYBE SHARE SOME OFYOUR IDEAS WITH ME.

It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

You measure the inside of the new shower to see where you can install the faucet valve. Then you transfer that measurement to the pipe wall. Don't forget to consider adjustments in floor height, etc. Install the faucet body where you want it, cut out the hole in the shower wall to match it, and put it in place. Hopefully it will all line up. But take your time. I've been doing this for 30 years and it's still difficult.
    And you didn't mention the drain.

quote:Originally posted by vdotmatrix

[img]www.vincedaddy.com/underconstruction.htm[/img]http://www.vincedaddy.com/underconstruction.htm

don't mind the under construction thing, i just needed a fast place to put the picture which is down the page a little.

how do you insert a picture so that it could be view here instead of going to some weird science site?

In the picture you can see 1/2" copper pipes of the hot and cold variety.

The shower head will go about 74 1/2" on this wall.

I have sweated pipes before but I do not know the exact procedure and what I need to generally do to make a shower appear where the pipes are.

I am replacing the existing shower with a Sterling shower module and posted another message about having a problem with getting the old shower pan out...

Generally, what do I have to do next? Install mixer and then a pressure valve thing to keep from getting scalded....Perhaps someone knows of a website for my project?

thanks

It's sometimes better to be lucky than smart.
    Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
    <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

thanks for your reply, i removed the drain pan finally by whacking it with a hammer until it broke in half and CARTED it out. i have to move the drain over to line up with the new 48 x 35" drain pain; the old was roughly 30 x 30". so i have to chisel my way to china with my air hammer and then think about reconstructing the trap and aligning the new drain.....

i am working on the framing...on the one side i have freedom to frame where ever i need that is @ 10" and 22 1/2" but on the othe side the vent pipe is there as well as the copper tubing. I may have to unsweat the pipes drill a hole in the framing and reconnect the stuff without burning the house down.....this is all taking place in the basement........i will be providing more pictures to aide in this project!!!!!! thanks and stayed tuned.
      quote:Originally posted by irregularjoe

You measure the inside of the new shower to see where you can install the faucet valve. Then you transfer that measurement to the pipe wall. Don't forget to consider adjustments in floor height, etc. Install the faucet body where you want it, cut out the hole in the shower wall to match it, and put it in place. Hopefully it will all line up. But take your time. I've been doing this for 30 years and it's still difficult.
      And you didn't mention the drain.

[

don't mind the under construction thing, i just needed a fast place to put the picture which is down the page a little.

how do you insert a picture so that it could be view here instead of going to some weird science site?

In the picture you can see 1/2" copper pipes of the hot and cold variety.

The shower head will go about 74 1/2" on this wall.

I have sweated pipes before but I do not know the exact procedure and what I need to generally do to make a shower appear where the pipes are.

I am replacing the existing shower with a Sterling shower module and posted another message about having a problem with getting the old shower pan out...

Generally, what do I have to do next? Install mixer and then a pressure valve thing to keep from getting scalded....Perhaps someone knows of a website for my project?

thanks

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      [/quote]

Comment

If it were my project I'd get a masonry blade for my hand power saw and cut enough of the floor out to install the correct pvc in the spot that was dictated by the shower placement. Same for moving the pipes. Good picture story, by the way....

Comment

So basically a pretty sizeable chunk?
          quote:Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

If it were my project I'd get a masonry blade for my hand power saw and cut enough of the floor out to install the correct pvc in the spot that was dictated by the shower placement. Same for moving the pipes. Good picture story, by the way....

Comment

Here's a link that may help you out in cutting your floor and routing your pipes: http://articles.findarticles.com/p/a...48/ai_20201191

Comment

THanks for the link. it has a number of great sections for my project which can be seen at

I CAN JUST PUT T'S IN THE LINES INSTEAD OF REROUTING EVERYTHING. WOULD THIS BE TOO MANY BENDS FOR THE SHOWER SUPPLY BY BRANCHING RIGHT OFF THE 2 LINES. (SEE PICTURE AT ABOVE LINK). THANKS

quote:Originally posted by kactuskid

Here's a link that may help you out in cutting your floor and routing your pipes: http://articles.findarticles.com/p/a...48/ai_20201191

Comment

You'll have to wait to see what you have once you've opened up the floor, hopfully you'll just be able to use one. Here's a few more links for rough plumbing your bath.

Get full access to this domain. Easy, seamless transactions. Zero percent financing available.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =